It's 2024!

I can't believe it's actually January 1, 2024. I woke up this morning feeling extremely grateful. 2023 flew by like the wind, it's like we blinked and we were in December. So many things have happened this year. Some good, some not so good BUT I will say the good outweighed the not so good. This morning, I woke up to a full house...full meaning my husband, our 3 daughters, my oldest daughter's boyfriend(my future son in love...I already know) and of course our dog. We were all here, sleeping under one roof, everyone is breathing life and is healthy. I have so much to be thankful for and I know not everyone can say that. My heart is heavy for all those who lost loved ones in 2023, those who lost jobs and are unemployed, those going through a divorce, those in abusive relationships, orphaned children waiting for a forever family, the widow who just laid their spouse to rest, the parents of a lost drug addicted child and so on. There is so much heartbreak happening and we don't realize that this might not be a happy time for those. So as I'm counting my blessings and thinking of all the wonderful things God has done for me and my family WITHOUT diminishing that, I empathize with those hurting today.

In the Word, God never says we won't go through this life without sorrow, pain and heartache, but He did say He would be with us and will comfort us through our pain. In Psalm 34:18 it says The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. He also says in Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He is always there for us. I don't want to tell you that 2024 is going to be your best year yet or nothing but great things are going to happen for you, because I don't know that, but I can tell you that whatever is to happen in 2024, you have a loving God who is and will always be right there by your side through it all....the good, the bad, the nasty, the awesome, the messy and the amazing. 

I've learned as I have gotten older to "enjoy today" and be grateful in today. Tomorrow has it's own worries and no one is promised tomorrow. Do what you can do today, love on your family, tell your family and friends you love them, forgive(which is not easy) and learn to extend grace & mercy on others because grace & mercy are extended to us each and every day. God doesn't change. We are the ones who change, quit, turn our backs, give up, He doesn't and He never will. 

I don't make new years resolutions, but I did create a vision board(inspired by my oldest daughter) and I'm excited about it. I have learned to make small goals and celebrate those small achievements. I use to beat myself up over not reaching the big goals I had set for myself each January 1st, all while neglecting the small accomplishments. So this year I will really do my best to celebrate the little things and not be so hard on myself. I'm excited to see my growth in my relationship with Christ. I'm not perfect and definitely not where I want to be, but I praise the Lord I'm not the same person I was last year. Continuous growth is what I keep reminding myself. As long as I am allowing the Lord to work on me and change my heart, then I'm headed in the right direction. I hope this encourages just one person. Let's go into the new year with our priorities in the right place. Like I said.....it might be a new year, but praise the Lord, He is the same God as He was yesterday, today and will be tomorrow. Amen.



 

Comments

Popular Posts